Travel means absence from the city or town where one normally works for the purpose of conducting University business. All travel must be authorized before departure. The Concur Request, Booking and Expense application may be found in Firefly.  Students should complete a Travel Authorization (TA) form prior to travel. After travel, student reimbursement requests should be submitted on an Employee Expense Voucher. Both forms may be found in SAPPHIRE. No University funds will be advanced to employees for travel expenses. Personal maintenance expenses (food and lodging) may not be direct billed to the University.

Who is Covered

The following individuals may apply for travel expense reimbursements:

  • Members of the Board of Regents
  • Employees and emeriti staff members of the University
  • Persons on special assignment approved on the TA request by the dean, director, vice chancellor, or chancellor
  • Students who are:
    • Employees of the University
    • Members of the Board of Regents
    • Members of an official University committee approved by the chancellor's office traveling on University business