Updated Jun 14, 2019

The University of Nebraska is participating in a new Big10 contract with Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.  University employees are encouraged to utilize this contract when traveling for business. Click here to make an Enterprise reservation, enroll in the Emerald Club for additional rewards and services, and view rental rates.  To make a National reservation, click here.

Updated May 09, 2018

The University of Nebraska has changed its International Travel Insurance provider to UnitedHealthcare Global. All NU faculty and staff who are full-time employees are automatically covered by this policy when they travel outside of the United States on University of Nebraska business. Registration is not required, but reviewing the UHCG Welcome Kit will give you many resources you may need while traveling.

Updated Jan 16, 2018

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 requires that the University withhold income and FICA taxes on payments made to an employee, or to a third party on behalf of the employee, for all moving related expenses. The amount(s) will be reported to the payroll office and in the next payroll cycle(s) adjustments will be made to the employee's wages and withholdings, and will also be reported on the annual employee’s W-2.  Due to the tax requirement, reimbursements will not be processed until the employee is on the University payroll.

Updated Mar 06, 2020

To address safety of UNL professionals traveling outside of the U.S., UNL now requires travelers to complete an electronic travel authorization prior to booking travel and arrange all University-paid overseas travel with its travel services provider, Travel & Transport.

Updated Nov 04, 2019

The President’s Office has issued new directives regarding University Travel to countries with a US Department of State Travel Warning or a CDC Health Warning Level 3. View the full Executive Memorandum.

University Travel – Faculty & Staff travel Paid by UNL Funds

Updated May 14, 2014

If you receive grant funding from a Public Health Service agency (including the National Institutes of Health), conflict of interest regulations require that you disclose some sponsored or reimbursed travel on your Interest and Outside Activity Reporting Form on NUgrant. For additional information, visit http://research.unl.edu/orr/conflict.shtml