News and Updates

  • Newsletter

    Click here to read the first installment of The Traveler, a quarterly newsletter from Travel Accounting. If you have suggestions for upcoming issues, please send your ideas to

    • New Big 10 Car Rental Contract

      The University of Nebraska is participating in a new Big10 contract with National Car Rental and Enterprise Rent-A-Car.  University employees are encouraged to utilize this contract when traveling for business.  Click here to make a reservation, enroll in the Emerald Club for additional rewards and services, and view rental rates.  University employees may also use this contract for personal use.  Questions, please contact Jim Vogel 472.3330 .                                                                                                                                   

    • Conflict of Interest Disclosure Reminder

      If you receive grant funding from a Public Health Service agency (including the National Institutes of Health), conflict of interest regulations require that you disclose some sponsored or reimbursed travel on your Interest and Outside Activity Reporting Form on NUgrant. For additional information, visit

      The Pre-Trip Request for Travel Authorization form has been updated, to include this reminder, and can be found on SAPPHIRE.

    • Commonly asked questions concerning itemized receipts

      Travel Addendum Q & A

    • Travel and Transport Begins e-Invoicing
      Travel and Transport will be moving the University of Nebraska to electronic invoicing beginning on September 20, 2011. The e-Invoice contains full itinerary information and can be used for expense reporting. The e-Invoice will provide all ticket numbers associated with a reservation and include a total invoice amount with all tickets added together. Exchanges will also appear with details on what ticket is being exchanged and the amount of additional collections, penalties, credit amounts, or credit voucher amounts. Itineraries for hotel or car only reservations, which do not contain any air segments, will be e-invoiced but there will not be any invoice amount shown. E-invoices will be sent on all reservations except for those that have multiple forms of payment (i.e. a companion or spouse is traveling). In these instances, a paper invoice will still be sent.
    • Attention: International and Frequent Domestic Travelers
      It is recommended that University of Nebraska -Lincoln employees traveling internationally or on a frequent basis domestically have Air Ambulance medical evacuation coverage in force prior to traveling. This program covers the cost of evacuating you or your family to stateside health care facilities when traveling more than 150 miles away from home, regardless of health care available in the destination country/state. The University negotiated rate is also available for personal coverage to University employees. Follow the Air Ambulance Card link for more information and to enroll or contact Jim Vogel at 402-472-3330.
    • Group Travel Card Policies and Procedures


    • Employee Travel Expense Reimbursements
      Detailed receipts are required for all food/meal expenses equal to or greater than $5. In addition, expense reimbursement requests must be received in the Accounting Office no later than 60 days after the final day on which expenses were incurred. This 60 day requirement is a state statute, therefore, the University is not allowed to grant exceptions. Each request must be fully itemized, including the amount, date, place, and essential character of the expense incurred. This applies to all employees. If you have any questions, please call Accounting at (402) 472-2881.